The growth and development of your child’s brain while in the womb is one of the most significant processes of a child’s lifetime.
- The first eight weeks: Two days after conception, your child’s first brain cell is created. This cell rapidly divides at a rate of 250,000 brain cells a minute during the nine months. At two weeks of age, your child’s neural tube is formed. This forms the basis for what will become your child’s brain and spinal cord.
- Nine weeks to three months: During this time, the basic brain structure is developed, including the cerebral cortex. This progress allows your child to start developing reflexes and react to the womb environment.
- Four to six months: This period is characterized by the growth of the central nervous system. A child’s brain begins communicating to different parts of the body, using electrical impulses. Preparing for the outside world, the child experiences different sensory stimuli including taste, smell and sound. During the sixth month, the brain divides into the two distinctive hemispheres. Researchers believe this could indicate the beginning of your child’s memory development.
- Six to nine months: These final months involve rapid brain growth. The surface area of your child’s brain dramatically changes, increasing the amount of neurons present. By birth, a child will have 100 billion of these brain cells. This is almost the total amount contained in the adult brain.
If you are looking for a child care facility that understands the importance of healthy brain development, consider Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of South Peachtree City. We offer the exclusive Brain Waves™ Curriculum to provide advanced support to your child during the critical first five years of life. With fun developmental activities, dedicated staff and a state-of-the-art learning environment, your child will have all the guidance, love and one-on-one attention needed to achieve full mental potential. For more information, please contact us today.Show Less
Science can be one of the most fun and exciting subjects to teach your preschooler at home, and it can be a good bonding experience too. With a few household items, you can give your preschooler a valuable learning experience. Below is a list of experiments for your and your child to try at home:
Making a volcano
One of the easiest and most fun science experiments is making a working replica of a volcano. With just a few household items, such as vinegar, bicarbonate of soda, and food coloring, you will watch as your child’s eyes and mind light up when the volcano erupts. You might want to consider doing this experiment outside for easier cleanup. Your child can also make a volcano out of playdough or paper mache to make the learning process even more creative.
Floating Egg Experiment
Similar to the volcano, the floating egg experiment will amaze your child and he or she will want to do it again. This experiment involves an egg, a glass of water and a few tablespoons of salt. Typically an egg will sink to the bottom of a glass of water, however when adding salt to the water, the egg will no longer sink. The salt in the water creates a dense environment, allowing the egg to stay afloat.
There are many more experiments that you can do with your child to help him or her learn and value science. At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of South Peachtree City, we understand the value of science as well as other subjects. All subject areas are covered in our Fast Track Curriculum™ , which means preschoolers experience language arts, science, math, social studies, health and physical education. Our interactive learning facilities coupled with one-on-one child care provided by our highly skilled teachers will ensure your child’s brain development is maximized. These are advantages not found in a typical day care.
Contact us for more information about our AdvancED Accredited preschool program or to enroll your child in our Fast Track Curriculum™.Show Less
When your infant nears the age of six months, an exciting developmental milestone is reached as teeth start to appear. The teething process actually starts before the teeth appear as the teeth start to move into place. For many infants this is a time of discomfort, due to the fact that gums become swollen and sore. Here are some great tips to help soothe this process:
- Massage: Simply use a clean finger to gently rub your infant’s gums. This will help ease any pain and relax your child. You will often be able to feel the teeth underneath the gums, giving you a good idea of where to concentrate the treatment.
- Teething gel: This is a numbing gel that is very effective at temporarily relieving pain and discomfort. Your pediatrician can recommend a product that will work well for your infant; be sure to consult your doctor before using a teething gel.
- Teething biscuits: If your infant is already eating solid foods, a teething biscuit could be a great option. Your child will likely want to bite different objects to relieve the discomfort and a teething biscuit will provide a safe way to get relief. Teething biscuits should be used only under close supervision, as they can pose a choking hazard.
- Teething toys: There are plenty of toys on the market that are ideal for your infant that will safely and effectively massage sore gums. Having some of these brightly colored toys around the house will give your child an appealing option to help relieve their discomfort.
- A fun distraction: An entertained child is often distracted from the discomfort of teething. Swimming lessons for your infant from Sunsational Swim School could be the ideal activity. These lessons are performed by qualified instructors and you can either visit their center or have them travel to your home for extra convenience.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of South Peachtree City, we offer a leading infant child care program that will keep your child happy and learning throughout the day. With a sign language program, fun activities, outdoor time and interaction with other infants, your child will be receiving a wide variety of targeted stimulation to boost brain development.
For more information on our state-of-the-art facility and program, please contact us today.Show Less
The Brain Waves Curriculum in early childhood development is an essential learning tool for Kids 'R' Kids of South Peachtree City, Georgia
Early childhood development involves a rapidly evolving growth phase of cognitive, emotional, language, social, and physical maturation experienced during the first five years of a child's life. During this developmental stage of accelerated learning, the child's brain is rapidly changing and maturing. Using the correct amount of targeted mental stimulation, children can benefit significantly by enhancing brain cell growth and establishing neurological pathways essential for future academic achievement that could otherwise be overlooked.
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of South Peachtree City, Georgia excels in comparison to other preschool options due to our commitment of offering students unlimited opportunities to maximize both their mental and physical development. Our commitment to a successful learning environment includes the Kids 'R' Kids exclusive Brain Waves Curriculum, a scientifically researched and academically acclaimed program specifically designed to offer the most effective learning experience for each child.
Targeting preschool aged children, our dedicated staff focuses on giving each child the love, support and mental stimulation they need to maximize individual growth. The Kids 'R' Kids mission is to introduce each child to the world around them in a stimulating, fun, and safe educational environment, allowing them to build a positive attitude specific to educational and personal success in all future life phases. Our teachers are aware of the uniqueness of each child and will ensure that every student receives the individual attention necessary to successfully establish:
Literacy and vocabulary skills
Decision making abilities
Problem solving tools
On a daily basis our hands-on, multi-sensory curriculum at Kids 'R' Kids effectively stimulates and utilizes essential areas of a child;s brain, nurtures their individual talents, and develops important life-skills to successfully interact with their peers.
While our focus is to establish and maintain a healthy, engaging, and challenging learning environment for your child, we also provide a balanced approach to technology. Utilizing child-focused computer usage to enhance his or her learning of language, math, science and fine motor skills, we do not over-stimulate our students with too much technology.
The uniqueness of the Brain Waves Curriculum, our dedicated staff, enjoyable and stimulating Learning Academy environment, and the teaching of peer socialization skills, provides all of the components your child will need to successfully develop his or her learning potential for lifetime achievement. By maximizing your child's mental capacity at this vital developmental stage, your preschooler will have the foundation they need to achieve greatness. Please contact us today for more information about the admissions process for your child.If you are interested in an educational family experience close to home and reside in the Peachtree City area, a visit to The Cochran Mill Nature Center is a valuable learning opportunity for both children and adults. This academic and environmentally-friendly venue is abundant with unique plants and wildlife, and includes hiking trails and campsites to enjoy, explore, and learn together as a family.